Re: Need alternative to Bias Peak

Subject: Re: Need alternative to Bias Peak
From: Wild Sanctuary <>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 12:45:54 -0700
Even though we have earlier versions of ProTools (Mac), mostly, we've
been mostly using a PC-based software called MTU (MicroTechnologies
Unlimited) to do our editing and mixing because it allowed us to mix
as many as 30 or 40 stereo audio clips at once. A bug-y program to
begin with, it has become increasingly frustrating because of a
profound lack of tech support and arrogance to the point where we're
now in the process of changing to an entirely different format and
ditching MTU altogether. We tried CoolEdit for a while and it was OK.
But, finally, after thinking about it and talking with pros in the
field (like Rudy Trubitt), we decided on BIAS Studio for Mac, which
combines both PEAK and DECK. We'll throw away the MIDI component as
we don't use that but feel that the combo of the two software
programs will provide the flexibility we need to edit and mix...at
least we hope so. As soon as this old and impaired brain begins to
get a grip on the new software, I'll be happy to provide some
feedback to the group. (I figure, with the speed of my learning curve
these days, that should be somewhere around 2010, if I'm still here
and you're still here.).

Bernie