Need alternative to Bias Peak

Subject: Need alternative to Bias Peak
From: Michael P. Moore <>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 08:30:51 -0400
Hello All:

I have been working for a while transferring minidisc recordings we
collected with a Portadisc to my mac using Peak.  I have then been
naming regions on those files.  I was working really well as I could
keep all the cuts in order and type a lot of the information right onto
the file.  I have hit a snag.  There is some bug in the works.  Two
minidiscs worked fine this way.  The third will not save new regions
beyond a given point.

I have tried to isolate where the problem is...either on the minidisc
itself or in Peak.  I have tried re-recording the file onto the mac,
but the same problem occurs.  It is also frustrating as the recording
has to be done in real time, so it takes almost two hours.  The Peak
tech support people have been great, but they can't figure out what is
going on.

At this point, I just want to get past all this.  I was wondering if
anyone knows of a good audio editor that will allow me to make regions
on large files.

Any other guidance on my problem would be greatly accepted.  Sorry if
this topic has been covered before.

Cheers,
Michael Moore