Re: Mystery Frog

Subject: Re: Mystery Frog
From: "1GDW" <>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 15:02:02 -0000
--- In  Walter Knapp <>
wrote:
> We have had some mystery birds on here, with lots of expert
opinion.
> Well, I've got a frogcall I don't recognize. Recorded last week in
> Georgia.
> <SNIP>

Walt,
I do not know what your frog is but I wonder if mutation could be in
the picture.  We have a large chemical plant close to my home and
the property would be in the flood plain of the Mississippi River if
it were not for the levy system.  A marsh is present around the
plant depending on water levels.  During high water in the river the
seep water will cause flooding through the marsh and folks down
stream have found many mutated creatures.  Mostly the frogs suffer
from extra legs.  Could your frog be a case of mutation resulting
from contact with pollution?

Gerald White  Muscatine IA