Re: Re: ultrasoundgate mic preamp

Subject: Re: Re: ultrasoundgate mic preamp
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 00:59:34 -0400
Gianni Pavan wrote:
> A viable solution for high speed recording on a laptop computer can be the
> use of a National Instruments DAQ PCMCIA card (the DAQ 6062 for example) or
> a more bulky FireWire unit like the DAQ 6070 series.
> The DAQ 6062 can run up to 500ksamples/sec and can be simply connected to
> the HF output of a bat detector. With our custom software, used by other
> researchers in the marine mammals field, it is possible to record to disk
> and see the high resolution spectrogram at the same time.
> The limit of this solution is the resolution of the card, limited to 12
> bits, though enough for most situations.

I should note that the ultrasoundgate that's been pointed out is only
one of several models, and there is a model that goes to 750k sampling
and another to 1000k. Though only at 8 bit sampling. At 16bit sampling
it tops out at 500k.
http://www.laartech.biz/Products/Ultasoundgate/ultasoundgate.html
The 116 model is one channel, the 416 is 4 channel.

It was this model that I knew about, was unaware there was a 24bit
version until this discussion.