Re: mics on stumps

Subject: Re: mics on stumps
From: Rob Danielson <>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 07:48:13 -0600
>sounds very neat. 12 foot board you say with nails and rubber bands?
>
>I hope we get a chance to play together sometime.  There appears to
>be enough of us in the midwest usa to meet this summer for a weekend
>recording outing and a chance to exchange and tryout equipment and
>ideas.  We may not be Yuba Pass but we can sure have fun.
>
>I vote for a camp out at the Kickapoo river for all that wish to
>attend.  The sound scape is pretty good except for the interuption by
>jets which is still within the specs of any WI location.  The horse
>campsite could handle whatever we give it including whatever students
>you have that want to engage in the fun. The young always have
>something to add if they can be contained in some vague idea of the
>straight and narrow. And the current price of groups at the Kickapoo
>could not be beat at $0.  Let me know if you have interest and I will
>contact 4 to 8 MN recordist type people that would have interest.
>4/15-6/15 is best for the sound and for me.
>
>Rich Peet

->
>  a board with 20 penny nails and rubber bands about 9" by 12' is the
>  smallest footprint we use.

Actually, tractor tire inner tubes. We start with lumber stock that
is 1' X 6.5' x 12' long and cut it down with hand saws.
http://www.uwm.edu/PSOA//Film/Danielson/HorihanX-YMicMntDesign/20PennyX-YMi=
cMount.tiff
(sorry, 250K)

   You're on for LaFarge! I've been conceiving of a 5.1 campsite, Star
Valley surround image campout. Trucks, jets, owls, coyotes and beaver
felled lumber providing scale of motion. 7 pond circus. Before then,
this summer and fall, I'll be traveling with my planetarium audio
installation. Still, our doors are open to anyone who wants to meet
in middish May, camp and compare mic holders. Summer 2004 or maybe
springbreak 2003 we can do the MN/WI/? all ages event.
--
Rob Danielson
Film Department