bird song

Subject: bird song
From: "1GDW" <>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 06:00:11 -0000
All,
I have seen a couple posts indicating that the sound from small
speakers, say two watts, has limited projection in the outdoors.  I
interpret from this that live bird song may carry farther.  Why
doesn't sound from speakers project well in the outdoors?  Would a
small birds live song carry a longer distance than it's recorded
song  played through a two watt speaker?  A two watt speaker at
close range sounds pretty loud to me when something is played over
it.  I wouldn't interpret small bird live song as being any louder.
Is there something different between the sounds?  If it is just
volume, how much power would it take to replicate a small birds live
song.
 Gerald White  Muscatine, IA