Re: Re: DVD writers

Subject: Re: Re: DVD writers
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 11:56:41 -0400
Chris Owens wrote:

> My USB is version 1.0. I belive that what I have described is a function
> of the operating system not the USB version.

It's a function of Intel's specifications as to how USB will handle
audio devices. It means your USB hardware is non-standard, not to spec.
Not at all uncommon in PC's. I could never understand why it is that
USB, which is Intel's property should be so spottily implemented in
PC's.

I've not read Intel's specs on USB 2.0, but I expect that's where they
changed it. A while back I wrote them about the old specs, as I expect
quite a few did. They confirmed then that the specified behavior was as
I described.