Re: Probably a record mic usage

Subject: Re: Probably a record mic usage
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 21:47:20 -0400
Doug Von Gausig wrote:

> At 11:45 AM 8/5/2002, Walt wrote:
>
>  >Have you done sonograms on any of the frogcalls you get in Costa Rica?
>  >I'm wondering if more tropical frogs do this.
>  >
>  >Walt
>  >

> The recording at http://www.naturesongs.com/CRsounds.html#herps (go to
> "Frogs in a field at El Gavilan...) is the closest thing to yours. There
> are a lot of Eleutherodactylids down there. I know I have more, just have
> to dig them up.

These seem to be using fixed frequencies not varying, in a quick
sonogram. They have two intensity peaks at about 1khz and 2khz, and all
calls may have both components. This is the sort of pattern of frequency
I'm used to.

I'll be interested if there are more examples of the sort of frequency
variability I found. I'd hate to think it was unique.