Re: More on MKH and a little story abt. Nagras

Subject: Re: More on MKH and a little story abt. Nagras
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 09:10:39 +0100
Although we can't promise to be as unbreakable as the old Nagra's the
Marantz solid state recorders do record uncompressed, and if you are using
the Microdrives or similar, they are up to 2 gig storage capacity. Our
next machine will take the 5 gig drives. This isn't a commercial posting
even though I do work for Marantz, I am genuinely interested in
bioacoustic recording ..

Matt Jarvis
Product Marketing Manager
Marantz Professional Europe
Kingsbridge House, Padbury Oaks, 575-583 Bath Road, Longford, Middx, UB7
0EH, United Kingdom
+447796610410 - Mobile
+441753686080 - UK Office
+441753686020 - Fax

Wild Sanctuary <>
2002-07-02 19:33
Please respond to naturerecordists

        cc:     (bcc: Matt Jarvis/LGD/CE/PHILIPS)
        Subject:        Re: [Nature Recordists] More on MKH and a little story
abt. Nagras
        Classification:

There may be an answer on the horizon with solid state recording,
especially if Marantz (or folks like them) can figure out how to
store information on their recent  690 unit w/o compression and with
large data storage capacity. No disks. No tape. How (seemingly)
wonderful!

Bernie

Wild Sanctuary, Inc.
P. O. Box 536