canberrabirds

200m downstram from the Scrivener dam

To: Chris Davey <>
Subject: 200m downstram from the Scrivener dam
From: martin butterfield <>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 21:06:05 +1100
Chris

This is a matter of general concern to me.

We had a Wednesday walk including this area sometime late last year.  In total we recorded 52 species including various cormorants and darters together with a good array of finches.  The information was reported as COG data sheet 31195.

Given the very poor performance of the "authorities" (and I am bewildered why a Commonwealth agency such as NCA is intruding into micro-management of a Territory resource) in similar work on Molonglo Reach I would urge COG to do all it can to demand a longer lead time for this work to permit a rational environmental assesmment.

Martin