canberrabirds

Superb parrots near Belconnen town centre

Subject: Superb parrots near Belconnen town centre
From: Nick Murray <>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 21:10:34 +1100
Hi, first post here so please forgive if it's a bit light on detail.

Tonight, leaving Belconnen mall I saw 4-6 pairs + one Juvenile superb parrot feeding in tree in south-eastern end of upper carpark. 2 pairs took off as I was driving off and flew approximately along the line indicated on the map below (I was able to track them as far as Nettlefold street before I had to stop at a red light.) My estimated flightline seems near to other sightings in Cook, though they might have ended up closer to Bindubi st.

Google map showing locations & flightline here:
http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&t=h&hl=en&msa=19&msid=115769227018454468629.000460fa72b0bbe75fdb8

Nick