canberrabirds

200m downstram from the Scrivener dam

To: Peter Ormay <>
Subject: 200m downstram from the Scrivener dam
From: martin butterfield <>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 13:06:42 +1100
Bruce said "I strongly support the principle of staged willow removal and replacement with appropriate native species." with which I too agree.

The principle is not the issue of concern: it is the way the principle will be implemented .  The precedent is what was done along Molonglo Reach  which goes against the principle as stated: it wasn't staged and I am told that many of the replacement plants are not natives.

The only principle followed there was "we have to spend the money before June 30 " and given that they are planning to start work in March 2009 I suspect the same will apply to the area below Scrivener.

Martin