canberrabirds

Newline

To: "Suzanne Edgar" <>, "Frank Antram" <>, "Canberrabirds List" <>
Subject: Newline
From: "John Cummings" <>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 11:03:45 +1100
Great idea
We could call it COG1BR or COGFBR or a suitable combination to keep
everyone happy and/or guessing.
It seems topics like fashions keep changing and then reappearing in
time. Certainly makes life interesting.

On a more interesting note in the last month the Yellow-tailed Black
Cockatoos have reappeared in Latham and we counted 10 yesterday evening.
This is the first time we have seen them for about a year.
Last week we had for the first time we have lived there (4 years)
Gang-gangs.  There were three and from the colouring they were all
juveniles and they stayed around for three days.  It was interesting
watching the local magpies actively chase them.  It seems that this is a
species that the local magpies are definitely not used to.  There was
much flying after the Gang-gangs and actual swooping and attacking.

There was also a female Leaden flycatcher at Sheppard's look out late
Easter Saturday.  In fact it was about the only bird there.

John Cummings
CWC Coordinator NSW & ACT