birding-aus

Fw: New BirdLife logo

To: "Tony Russel" <>, "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Fw: New BirdLife logo
From: "Wendy" <>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 15:17:06 +1000
DEAR TONY,
I have now found it absolutely necessary to respond to this thread.

Personally I am quite interested in logos and what they do or don't say or convey. Personally I have found the discussion as interesting as many others that occur on B-Aus.

I left the computer before to discover I was missing 2 of my favourite Radio National (bugger the new moniker 'RN'!!!!) shows - 'Science Show' & 'All In The Mind'. The bit I caught of the latter I think was quite relevant to birders (or field moth-ers/invertebrate-ers like me) and also logos and art.
From what I gather of the snippet I caught - we have some sort of reward
system in our brain that likes us to find a pattern e.g. the tiger aka threat, hiding in the general background. Relevant to (field) birders and other naturalists as we revel in discovering the bird or moth or plant or whatever from the visual hubbub of vegetation or camouflage in which it is found. There was also something about our brain liking to/ having rewards for make sense of art and imagery. I must remember to listen to the repaeat to better understand this all!!

We all have different interests and like to share them. This site is often dominated by twitchers and twitching, which, I for one, am not interested in!!!

Wendy