birding-aus

Re: Bowra

To: "Dean Portelli" <>
Subject: Re: Bowra
From: "Chris Sanderson" <>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 00:20:18 +0930
Hi Dean,

My email was not suggesting that Bowra isn't worth purchasing, only
commenting that the argument that a conservation organisation should
purchase it "because it's good for birds" doesn't hold much traction with me
(or with the conservation organisations it seems).  Your response is
certainly very interesting, and answers several of the questions I would
have except the point that Nicci raised about the low viability of Bowra
fauna populations based on the amount of habitat available.  Having visited
Bowra (as you would no doubt remember) I can certainly attest for the
natural beauty of the area, and for a working property the condition is
definitely good.  I certainly agree that a covenant or purchase to maintain
the status quo of the property (conservation managed but with continued
production) would be a good solution.

Regards,
Chris