birding-aus

Re: Savannah Cat Legal Status

To: "'Carl Clifford'" <>, "'Robert Inglis'" <>
Subject: Re: Savannah Cat Legal Status
From: "Gregory Little" <>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 22:19:28 +1000
Gooday all

These cats are a different size and likely to harbour different hunting
behaviours to the usual feral cat. While there may be a few "registered"
breeders who sell "only" desexed kittens, but how long will that last,
really, lets get real. We had a whole Government department in South
Australia that accidentally let a virus loose to kill rabbits, not so
bad, but we also had a whole department that let a horse virus out too.
How long before some so called registered cat breeder, who probably does
not care about the environment, accidentally lets one of these cats
loose. Then there is a whole new set of genes in the feral cat
population. Just do not let em in. Wake up.

Greg Little

Greg Little - Principal Consultant
General Flora and Fauna
PO Box 526