birding-aus

Night Parrot captured and videoed

To: 'Stephen Ambrose' <>, 'birding-aus' <>
Subject: Night Parrot captured and videoed
From: Peter Shute <>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 05:18:27 +0000
Stephen, can you tell from the articles what type of tracker they used? I
believe they range from the GPS type that can transmit coordinates, GPS
trackers that must be recovered to get the data, down to the type that only
allows them to tell which direction the bird is in, which would obviously give
much less precision.

Does the use of the word "transmitter" imply the last type?

Peter Shute

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>