birding-aus

Birdline North Queensland Weekly Update

Subject: Birdline North Queensland Weekly Update
Date: 1 Oct 2012 01:30:48 +1000

Birdline North Queensland

Published sightings for the week ending 30 Sep 2012.

Sun 30 Sep Red-backed Button Quail Tyto Wetlands
Red-backed Button Quail foraging today in small area of dry creek bed by culvert on track linking outer track too inner and bird hide. Seasonal return. Also returned, Pale-vented Bush-hens, heard yesterday.
Tony Ashton

Large-tailed Nightjar Carlyle Gardens adjacent to Bohle River
Heard calling pre dawn.
Ivor Preston

Sat 29 Sep Dollarbird Townsville Town Common Conservation Park
Dollarbird (1) forest walk, my first for the season
Ed Pierce

Fri 28 Sep Dollarbird Thuringowa High School, Condon
My first for the season flying overhead at 6am. Interesting to note that first reports of these birds are from NSW & Southern Qld before they are reported in the north.
Ivor Preston

Tue 25 Sep Wompoo Fruit-Dove Anderson Park, Townsville
Wompoo Fruit-Dove (2) High in tree in park - behind houses in Fulham Rd aout 100 metres in from main gate on my left. At least 2 others heard calling as I walked along bitumen track.
Joan Wharton (1757)

Birdline North Queensland is sponsored by BirdLife Northern Queensland and BirdLife Townsville and co-ordinated and hosted by Eremaea Birds.