birding-aus

Birdline Central & Southern Queensland Weekly Update

Subject: Birdline Central & Southern Queensland Weekly Update
Date: 7 May 2012 01:30:22 +1000

Birdline Central & Southern Queensland

Published sightings for the week ending 6 May 2012.

Sun 6 May Australasian Shoveler Kedron Brook Wetlands
Many ducks on wetland today, 2 Australasian Shoveler on the larger water body.
Dezmond Wells

Sat 5 May Chestnut-rumped Heathwren Durikai State Forest
One individual seen well (and heard) in shrubby forest at -28.1982, 151.6239. I've never before seen this species north of Girraween NP, and there don't appear to be any records of the species within the Eremaea database from this far north.
Chris Wiley

Pictorella Mannikin. Pelican Waterhole, Winton
A pair of birds drinking together near some Zebra Finches in the first waterhole off the Landsborough Highway. 22 23' 26"S 143 01' 06" E
Ivor Preston & Karen Doyle

Thu 3 May Pacific Baza Cemetery Road, Plainland .. -27° 33' 57.36", +152° 24' 44.90"
Hi a bit of a surprise after pulling over to have a look at some Lorikeets I spotted a Pacific Baza then another ended up 8 in all which is the most I have seen together, prior to this, 3 was the largest amount I have come across.
Charles Dove member IBOC NSW

Mon 30 Apr Square tailed Kite Eagleby, Beenliegh, SE Qld
Stirring up the local birds trying to hunt in the suburbs at tree height
Duncan Fowler

Sun 29 Apr Red-backed Button-quail Corinda
An immature Red-backed Button-quail found dead on a nature strip on Kathleen street Corinda. Possibly killed by a cat. Found while carrying out a Sunday morning walk. One wing was kept as a voucher and sent to QLD Museum.
Kurtis Lindsay

Tue 10 Apr European Starling Birdsville
5 birds near the power plant in Birdsville, must surely be on the extreme edge of their range
David Harper

Birdline Central & Southern Queensland is sponsored by BirdLife Southern Queensland and co-ordinated and hosted by Eremaea Birds.