birding-aus

Birdpedia - Australia - Weekly Digest

To: <>
Subject: Birdpedia - Australia - Weekly Digest
From: "Birdpedia - Australia Info" <>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 00:05:03 +0930
The following is a digest of Sightings Reported on Birdpedia for the period
Monday, June 6, 2011 to Sunday, June 12, 2011:

Area: SA

Date: Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Location: Toronto St, Ovingham

Southern Boobook (Ninox boobook) (1) Heard calling from neighbour's garden.

Reported by: David Cox on Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Date: Friday, June 10, 2011

Location: Rundle Street precinct, Adelaide CBD.

Black-faced Cuckoo-shrike (Coracina novaehollandiae) (1) I saw a Black-Faced
Cuckoo-shrike this afternoon outside my office window (near East Tce). I have
been observing birds here and in nearby Rymill Park for nearly a year and this
is the first BFCS I have seen in the city. Charles

Reported by: Charles Ling on Friday, June 10, 2011

Date: Saturday, June 11, 2011

Location: Onkaparinga NP - Gate 10

Brown Quail (Coturnix ypsilophora) (1) Nearly stepped on a covey of 6 Brown
Quail in Reveg site

Yellow-faced Honeyeater (Lichenostomus chrysops) (1) 11 Yellow-faced
Honeyeaters feeding and calling in Reveg site

Reported by: Peter Pfeiffer on Sunday, June 12, 2011

Date: Sunday, June 12, 2011

Location: Pengana Track Waterfall Gully

Crescent Honeyeater (Phylidonyris pyrrhopterus) (2) Seen at top of track in
Manna gums with  sparse flowers. Sharing this area with Silvereyes and what I
think were Black-chinned Honeyeaters - however not totally confident of this so
so won't record as a sighting until positively ID'd

European Goldfinch (Carduelis carduelis) (6) About halfway down Penagana Track
a number of European Goldfinches sat still long enough in an olive bush for me
to have a clear and fairly prolonged sighting. I have seen flocks before in the
area but they are a bit touchy when approached. Considering the cool and
overcast conditions I was glad I lugged the binocs along on a scheduled
exercise day!

Reported by: Les Woods on Sunday, June 12, 2011

Need more information about a sighting? Login and contact the poster directly.

Receive sightings via email or SMS immediately they are posted.

Not a member of Birdpedia? Membership is free and gives you access to
information for over 230 countries.

To sign up go to the Birdpedia Web Site (http://www.birdpedia.com/).

To find out more about Birdpedia and what it can do for you, see 'What is
Birdpedia?'