birding-aus

Birdpedia - Australia - Weekly Digest

To: <>
Subject: Birdpedia - Australia - Weekly Digest
From: "Birdpedia - Australia Info" <>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 00:05:03 +1030
The following is a digest of Sightings Reported on Birdpedia for the period
Monday, January 24, 2011 to Sunday, January 30, 2011:

Area: SA

Date: Saturday, January 22, 2011

Location: Port Arthur, Northern Yorke Peninsular.

Eastern Curlew (Numenius madagascariensis) (38)

Common Greenshank (Tringa nebularia) (40)

Noticed the Eastern Curlew flying towards us but they noticed us so flew around
a number of times.  Gave Kay and myself a chance to count them.  Don't think
they liked the look of us near their favorite roost area at high tide, they
eventually landed behind the Mangroves a few hundred meters south of the car
park.

The Common Greenshank seemed happy to stay but the EC spooked them, another
chance to count the numbers, they quickly settled back near the car park.

Reported by: Teresa Jack on Monday, January 24, 2011