birding-aus

re: missing migrants

To: Mark Carter <>
Subject: re: missing migrants
From: Carl Clifford <>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 12:49:21 +1100
Mark et al,

Looks like it might stay that way for a while. The rainfall outlook
for Nov - Jan from the BOM looks rather damp across most of the
country. It looks like we are in for a full la niña event and
according to the NOAA web site it will likely continue into our Autumn (see http://www.cpc.noaa.gov/products/analysis_monitoring/enso_advisory/ensodisc.pdf
  The sea surface temperature chart there certainly looks
interesting) which will make for an interesting summer's birding in
most of the country, with a lot of birds where they should not be and not where they should be.

Might be a chance to make a killing in the Wellie market in the Alice, Mark.

Cheers,

Carl Clifford