birding-aus

SA News

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: SA News
From: David Kowalick <>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 16:45:57 +1030
Happy new year to all birders for 2010,

I can't help but notice that Eremea birdline does not include any info from South Oz. Can that be remedied somehow? In any case SA has been firing lately with some great birds not far from Adelaide including regular sightings of Lewin's Rail and Goolwa where there is also a Ruff, Latham's Snipe, and various crakes as well. Gluepot has had yet another downpour on Friday night last from an obliging thunderstorm. I was part of a party of five birdos who were there on Saturday and Gluepot is the best I have seen it for years. Many birds have dramatically increased their populations and we managed to see most of the rarest birds along with various irruptive species (Pied HE, WW Trillers, Crimson Chats). Plenty of rain up in the far north of the state will doubtless mean good birding later this year along the Birdsville and Strez tracks.

Cheers

David Kowalick