birding-aus

Shooting in NPs

To: Rob Geraghty <>
Subject: Shooting in NPs
From: Carl Clifford <>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 22:58:36 +1000
Rob,

Control of feral species in National Parks, State Forests and other Crown Lands is best left to professional exterminators. The current move by the NSW Government to allow recreational shooting of ferals in such areas is simply a cop out by a struggling incumbent government to try and maintain their snouts in the Parliamentary trough by assuaging a fringe group and to lessen their fiscal contribution to a necessary part of governmental expenditure. Allowing hunters into areas such as State Forests and National Parks is pointless as there are elements amongst the shooters which will continually reintroduce feral species as they are culled from such areas. This is already happening in State Forests, mainly with pigs and goats.

Carl Clifford