birding-aus

Effects of call playback on birds

To: Birding-aus <>
Subject: Effects of call playback on birds
From: "John Leonard" <>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 19:46:33 +1000
Another thing to note is that birds often don't respond to a tape
because it's not the local dialect, the call being recorded in some
other part of the species' range. I'd hazard a guess that the majority
of non-migratory spp with extensive ranges have different songs in
different parts of the range.

John Leonard

--
John Leonard