birding-aus

Grey Honeyeaters at Olive Pink Botanical Gardens, Alice Springs

To: <>
Subject: Grey Honeyeaters at Olive Pink Botanical Gardens, Alice Springs
From: Amanda Markham <>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 19:35:37 +0930
Hi all,

The Grey Honeyeaters are back at Olive Pink.
Jan English has kindly passed this information on to me. The sighting was only
2 days ago.

Sit in the cafe, sip coffee and watch Grey Honeyeaters at the same time. > >
This morning I went out to Olive Pink where I saw 4 Grey Honeyeaters also>
chasing one another from tree to tree near the carpark. There must be>
something in the air! I was attracted by their loud and distinctive call> and
despite many fleeting glances I was unsure of what they were although I>
suspected Grey Honeyeater. However, I had my tapes with me and on checking> the
call of the Grey HE found that it was exactly that. What a lovely> surprise. I
had only seen one before in 2002 on the Tanami Rd. I am happy> for you to put
this on birding-aus if you wish as I am not on the list at> present.> > I plan
to go to Trephina Gorge tomorrow (Monday) for one night and will then> be
heading down south to Marla and Dalhousie Springs and then down the> Oodnadatta
Track to Maree, Lyndhurst, Flinders Ranges and Port Augusta to> hopefully see
the Ostriches and to Adelaide for the Barbary Doves before> heading to Waikerie
and Gluepot for the Congress and Campout. If you have> any information which
could be helpful in seeing anything unusual on the> way, I would love to hear
about it.> > > Regards> > Jan>

Cheers,

Amanda==============================www.birding-aus.org