birding-aus

Melaleuca, Tasmania, South West National Park

To: "Steve Ransom" <>
Subject: Melaleuca, Tasmania, South West National Park
From: "gary wright" <>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 09:46:00 +1030
Steve

my advice is walk in- its a great walk and a wonderful experience-yes there is accommodation there-as for orange bellied parrots on the walk into Melaleuca I had varied experiences-we flushed a ground parrot from the side of the track adn met some people who had seen 11 orange bellied that morning, but by the time we had got there, there were none to be seen-they had taken off for the mainland-this was in April a few years ago. However, I understand they are relatively easy to see there at the right time.

Gary

PS  I realise that you mightn't have the time to walk in!