birding-aus

Owlet Nightjars

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Owlet Nightjars
From: knightl <>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 17:09:47 +1000
Hmmm, I've seen observed in SEQ - in 1987?, 1992, 1999 and 2003 - all seen while bushwalking. The was first was perched on the ground and looking stressed [during winter] at Sundown NP, the second was flushed off the ground on the Ballow Rim [it perched handily], the third was peaking out of a tree hollow near Cronan's Ck [I initially thought it was a glider - they have that sort of face], while the fourth was taking in the morning sun from a spacious hollow near the Wivenhoe Outlook - made a nice photograph

Regards, Laurie.