birding-aus

Digital Cameras

To: "Messages Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Digital Cameras
From: David Adams <>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 09:27:50 +1100
I recently purchased the C750 and am absolutely delighted with it..... My reason for purchasing the C750 was so that I can have the camera with me more often, without losing any of the advantages that my old Nikon outfit gave me.

Agreed! I'd been looking at the C-7XX line for a few years and finally took the plunge with the C-750. It's small enough to carry around which makes all of the difference. It's great for grabbing pictures of
oddities or animals you would like to sort out later with some field
guides or other people. (Now and then, we even get a picture we like!)

A couple of points for anyon considering this (or a similar) camera:

* Have a look at one before you buy as these sorts of cameras use LEDs and/or small viewfinders for framing and sighting. Personal preference and comfort make a big difference here and it's tough to predict how
easy a particular model is for you to use before holding it.

* I don't have particularly steady hands and have no problems taking
crisp pictures at 10X zoom. Another trick is to buy or make a small
portable beanbag. They're easier to tote around than a tripod, work
great over a car door or stray post. (Also, the C-750 has a plastic
tripod mount which probably won't endure constant use.)

* The C-750 has about 10 shooting modes with a zillion options. I'd
love to sort them out but haven't managed. All the same, it seems to
take great pictures under a wide range of conditions in the automatic
mode.

* The batteries on the C-750 seem to last forever, a real bonus.

  David Adams
  Island Data

  Bermagui 2546 NSW
  0400 359-110