birding-aus

Beginning Birding - help!!

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Beginning Birding - help!!
From: "Peter and Jenny Farrell" <>
Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 10:51:08 +1000
Hi all

Yes I agree we should be introducing birding into schools at an early
age and have been offered the opportunity to do so for my daughter class
(year 5, approx age 10 years old and most of the children I've me are
very interested in birds) at the local primary school. The teachers
would be overjoyed for someone who knows something, anything, to come in
and do a unit for them. At the moment time is short and I really don't
know how to approach this task. If anyone has the time to write a "unit"
for children in primary schools this would be a good place to start.
Many of us then may be able to spare the half hour a week to go into the
schools and implement the project if we didn't have to do all the
preparation. Hopefully one of the experts out there can find the time or
maybe dig up some money for a grant to do so. What about it birds
Australia. I'm sure there are plenty of willing birders ready to
volunteer some time in our school for our kids

Jenny