birding-aus

Re: RFI: Taroona (Tas.) breeding birds on the beach

Subject: Re: RFI: Taroona (Tas.) breeding birds on the beach
From: R & J Frankenberg <>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 16:22:48 +1000
I have experience in this area through landcare type activities and I would
endorse Jill'sand Michael's comments.  My experience in in connection with
roadside management and efforts to protect high value roadsides from graders
etc.  A lot of community effort in identifying key areas, and meetings with
the road crew had patchy results.  The most important factor, we find, is
continual surveillance.  If they do the wrong thing and no-one notices, then
why worry.  If there is bound to be a comment/protest/discussion about
alternatives, then it remains important and gradually the culture changes.
But sadly eternal vigilance is the price that has to be paid.  It doesn't
have to be aggressive - just that good, and bad, actions are noted.
  We have to show that we think it is important, and make it easier for the
work crew to comply by providing maps, signs etc.  Very hard work but
gradually gets easier.

Good luck

Judy

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and are
addressed. If you are not the original recipient, any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.
If you received this email in error, please notify the sender.

This message has been scanned for viruses by the Dragnet CleanMail Service.