birding-aus

Thornbills and Microdots

To: Anthony Katon <>
Subject: Thornbills and Microdots
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 21:40:48 -0800 (PST)
G'day Anthony,

The Weebils, (Micro-dots as we call them around here)
I get a few around my neck of the woods. They give out
what I would say is a call that resembles an
electrical short occurring? more like a faint buzzing
call? melodic if your a bright spark? :^D

The thornbills are exactly as described so well by
thee very musically talented "Lawrie Conole".

I do believe a well known breakfast cereal maker has
searched for a long time to get that call you
described
to go with their "Tony the Tiger" corn flakes adverts?

There "Geeerwheeeit" mate .....

Sorry it's the heat okay :^D
JAG Der Whag

What a brilliant night on our Ozbeeb last night eh?
great shows and that one from Sam Neill wow ... but
what caused the "big bang" to occur? rumour has it at
present that it was one of two events? Fosters went
bankrupt or ????? sorry young eyes viewing so I can't
go into detail about thee other supposition ...