birding-aus

Feathers

Subject: Feathers
From: "Maurovic, Mauro (DHS)" <>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 10:20:26 +0930
Hi all,
Just picking up Bruce's thread for a moment, I tend to stop a lot at birds
bodies on the side of the road (with the exception of the Magpies, Galahs
etc) and have a good look unless they are flat.  It is interesting to see
what types they are and to actually see their size up close.
As a result of this strange activity, I have started a collecton of feathers
from rare(er) birds - as an example, my prize one at the moment is a Green
Catbird's in green and white (may not be a big deal for Queenslanders but
for me in SA it is).  By the way I did collect it in Qld not SA ! I
typically take one or two flight and/or tail feathers.
If anyone comes across some unusual ones I'd be grateful if they could
rememeber me - I'd be happy to pay for any postage.
Any chance that some one plucked a feather from the dead Night Parrot found
near Boulia ??...hehehe
cheers
Mauro