birding-aus

Family of one

To: Atriplex Services <>
Subject: Family of one
From: Alan Control <>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 19:34:19 -0700

> Friends:

I am developing a series of web pages devoted to bird families that have only
one
member. I would like some help with the Emu.  The purpose of the web page is to
help
the visitor to Australia know with some probability what the chances of seeing a
particular bird is. On my previous 4 trips I have seen the bird while driving
somewhat inland from the coast. If those who have the knowledge, could you share
your experience with me as to where in the wide world of Australia there are
consistently good places to see emus.  It need not be a specific spot but it
might
be a lenght of highway or some other area. For example, when last with you, we
asked
where to see a Wedge-tailed Eagle from some friends in Alice. We were going to
Ayers
and the simple answer was "you will see one along the way". And we did. Anyway,
something like that will be fine.

You can see example pages at:

i-bird.com/FamilyOfOne/FamilyOfOneIndex.htm

Also, I am looking for the email of the person who leads day trips for the
Plains-wanderer, another member of the Family of One.

Thanks for your help.

We will be back for three months in 2002.

Can't wait.

alan

--
Alan Control