birding-aus

Re: House Crow

To: "Scott O'Keeffe" <>, "birding aus" <>
Subject: Re: House Crow
From: "Philip A. Veerman" <>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 23:32:17 +1100
A fair point, however Australia as a continent that gets a large number of international bird migrants is not so likely to suffer ill effects from that cause. The bird fauna here has probably long been exposed to most such nasties. Hawaii, which is a tiny set of isolated islands is in a different situation, smaller gene pool of virtually all species, so probably less resistance and - well I don't know - does Hawaii get international bird migrants?