birding-aus

Bird Publicity

To: <>, "David Siems" <>
Subject: Bird Publicity
From: "Vella" <>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 16:02:09 -0000
>              If private companies know the value of advertising, then I
> think birdwatching clubs need to move out into this part of the world to
> inform bird lovers who don't know about bird clubs.
>             I would like a dollar for the number of times new members have
> said "I didn't know there were bird clubs".

Well said David. This option would certainly be worth pursing. If it wasn't
for a friend of mine I certainly would not have know about the bird clubs I
belonged to now or birding-aus, and wouldn't have been so interested as I am
now. Before joining the club, I only very casually looking at birds. Since
joining the bird club, I became more of a twitcher, learnt a good variety of
Aust. bird calls, and more interested in bird conservation. I would
certainly have not been the birdo I am today if it wasn't for these bird
clubs/groups.

cheers!

Edwin