birding-aus

Pelicans and Lake Ayre

To: "Vella" <>
Subject: Pelicans and Lake Ayre
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 09:41:00 +1000
Dear all

I like many after seeing the 60 Minutes story, are keen to plan a trip out to
see Lake Eyre.

Q1   Has anyone made the trip out there already, particularly from Sydney?  I'd
like to know   you impressions, which route is quickest, how long does it take,
whats the accomodation   like etc.

Q2   Hughes Island is the pelican breeding location.  Does anyone know if you
need any  special permit to access it?    How do you get onto it anyway?

Q3   Will the pelicans still have chicks there is late June?

Many thanks

Paul

Include ONLY "unsubscribe birding-aus"