birding-aus

Re NHT Journal

To: "Lord, Murray" <>, "" <>
Subject: Re NHT Journal
From: Alexandra Appleman <>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 08:46:55 +1100
I too recived the unsolicited mag in the mail. What noone on the list seems
to have picked up on is HOW they got our postal addresses.  Has the mag
been sent to all Birds Australia members or just to registered atlassers?
And why were the addresses given to the NHT mob and under what conditions?

As an ex_Commonwealth public servant I too have quite a few stories but my
favourite was when the then Minister for Resources flew into Weipa on Cape
York and wanted to know why his mobile phone wasn't working.  I personally
haven't got a mobile phone as it seems a pointless getting one when it
can't be used across about 85% of Queensland.

Alex Appleman
Townsville