birding-aus

Re: birding-aus Twitching

To: D Robertson <>
Subject: Re: birding-aus Twitching
From: morris <>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 19:46:07 +1100
Hi Birders,
David Robertson must surely be having himself on! I did three trips to Ash
Island, Kooragang to see the 5 Yellow Wagtails and had wonderful views on the
third occasions. It was not a "mad rush across the countryside", but rather it
was a pleasant 1 hour drive each way. I was able to fill out several Hunter
Bird Observer Club Atlas Sheets as well! The cost of going to see the same bird
in the UK or Japan, could not be compared. What on earth is wrong about going
to see a rarity! Futhermore recent comments by Denise Goodwfellow and Anne of
Atriplex about "twitchers" which is ofcourse is just another name for
birdwatcher, are a bit hard to take, they seem to have a "holier than thou "
flavour which makes me wonder if perhaps they are on the wrong birding chat
line!

Alan Morris

(
D Robertson wrote:

> I have always thought it rather irrational to charge across the country to
> try to see a vagrant when with a bit more effort one can travel to
> somewhere where it is common, or relatively so, even if it might mean going
> to another country.
> David Robertson
> To unsubscribe from this list, please send a message to
>
> Include ONLY "unsubscribe birding-aus" in the message body (without the
> quotes)

quotes)