birding-aus

Re: birding-aus Re: Spotted Bowerbird record in SE Qld

To: Mike & Judy Hines <>
Subject: Re: birding-aus Re: Spotted Bowerbird record in SE Qld
From: palliser <>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 23:56:51 +1100
birding-aus

Mike,
Do you think that these birds may have been escapees?  Also I recall in the
early eighties another sighting from Lytton and also Bribie Island.  (from
memory these records were published in the unusual sightings of the QOS
newsletter).

This brings me to another subject regarding escapees, perhaps someone could
help answer?

1. What native birds are you allowed to keep in captivity?  Is Spotted
Bowerbird on the list?
2. What unusual Australian birds have you seen in captivity and where?
3. What unusual escaped birds have you encountered where?

A couple of NSW records that spring to mind include Banded Honeyeater at
Nowra, Singing Starling at Coffs Harbour, Sunbird at ?  etc.  Are these
escapees?

Regards
Tony