birding-aus

Re: CORELLAS

Subject: Re: CORELLAS
From: (Iain D Campbell)
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 1995 09:48:22 +0800
I agree with you Phil.

Rafael and I had no problems counting some Bali Mynas last year. They were
reintroduced and were breeding again in there natural habitat. Some of the
birds had been wild birds confiscated from markets,though the ones that we
saw were very tame. In some cases like this the boudary between
reintroduction and rereleasing after capture becomes very hazy.

If they were there before, and they there now, good on them. It reminds me
of a very tacky song "Don't care where my baby has been, now he is back"

Bye,
Iain D Campbell
Regolith geologist/geochemist                               (ph) 61 9 387 0737
CSIRO Division of Exploration and Mining                    (ah) 61 9 443 1668
Private bag 1                                              (fax) 61 9 387 0146
WEMBLEY WA 6014