ts-7000

Re: [ts-7000] 3G internet stability problem

Subject: Re: [ts-7000] 3G internet stability problem
From: Simon Leung <>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 08:43:50 +0000
After a bit of investigation, here is my current theory:

Russell is probably right in that when the connection is idle for a
while, the telco disconnect me. For this I've got a little daemon that
periodically pings some known host to keep the link alive.
And after getting disconnected for a while, the modem powers off itself
for energy saving. The kernel think it's pulled out and spits out:
option1 ttyUSB0: GSM modem (1-port) converter now disconnected from ttyUSB0

Is there anyway to power up the modem without physically re-inserting it?

On 28/02/11 17:01, Simon Leung wrote:
> Thanks Russell,
>
> I'm not sure that's what's happening though because when I found out
> that I'm not connected anymore, /dev/ttyUSB0 is gone.
>
> Also, what did you mean exactly by "switch between interfaces"?
>
> Rgds,
>

> On 28/02/11 16:57, Russell N. Nelson - rnnelson wrote:
>> It's possible that the telco disconnects after a period of time, or a period
>> of inactivity. I've found that I have to run a program which checks for
>> connectivity (ping), and then re-connects. My program also switches between
>> interfaces, looking for one which is up.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: