pwc

[pwc] pwc10 and orbitview problem

Subject: [pwc] pwc10 and orbitview problem
From: Mauricio Henriquez <>
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 21:51:48 -0400
Hi to All !!!

My name is Mauricio and I write from Chili.

Recently I buy a Logitech QuickCam Orbit (Sphere) webcam, this webcam can pan and tilt very well.

I install the pwc-10 drivers and the camera works great with xawtv, gnomemeeting, etc, now I want to move the camera and I download the OrbitView program (for move the camera), the program compile without problems and if I run the program with the "-i" option I can see the video source OK, but if I try to move the camera I get a error message:

Error while doing ioctl VIDIOCPWCMPTSANGLE: Invalid argument

and if I run the program with the "-?" option I get a lote of infor, but some message about "...pan/tilt don't work becouse a wronge version of camera/drivers"

can someone help on this please???, the OrbitView program include the pwc-8.4 drivers, but the sources don't have any "makefile" file, so I don't know hoe to compile that version, any idea about how compile that version??, or how to work with the pwc-10 version and orbitview??

I use fedora core 3 with kernel 2.6

any idea??, tips??, links??, black magic??

Thanks.

Mauricio