pwc

[pwc] Webcam button

To: Philips Webcam Linux Driver <>
Subject: [pwc] Webcam button
From: Andrew Cavers <>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 08:27:33 +0100
Hi all,

This question was asked just a month ago and got no response, which I
guess answers my question, but anyway...

Is there any way to gain access to the button on the top of a pwc
webcam (I use a Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000)? Would this task be up to
the pwc video driver or would the button be treated like a separate
USB device like the microphone? I realise that 99% of users will never
use the button and that using up bandwidth checking whether it's being
pushed may seem like a waste, but for certain applications, that
button could be very useful.

For example, I am developing a device that uses only motion detection
through the webcam to control it and that one button would prove very
useful to me to invoke a callibration function.

Thanks for any help,

Andrew.

--
--