Re: Reduction is listserv volume

Subject: Re: Reduction is listserv volume
From: "John Crockett" naturalcontemplative
Date: Tue Aug 6, 2019 7:08 am ((PDT))
I think my attempt to reply to this topic through the web interface
failed so I am sending now via email. If both messages get through, I
apologize for the duplication.

I have had a lot of trouble receiving and sending posts to this group
recently, so that could account for some of the fall off in volume.
Yahoo mail is lousy now too. Half of the messages that go to my Inbox
never appear in my mail client. It may be time to migrate to a new host.

I learned everything I needed to know to get started in nature sound
recording from the generous people in this group. I would hate to see
it fold. I also send all of my students here when they are learning
the ropes. If Yahoo is no longer supporting groups adequately, then a
move that would increase our reach would make sense. But not
Facebook, please! I do not have a Facebook account because of their
destructive business model, and I am encouraging everyone I know to
get off of Facebook.

John Crockett
Westminster, Vermont