Re: water resistant, acoustically transparent fabric

Subject: Re: water resistant, acoustically transparent fabric
From: "Russ Wigh"
Date: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:37 am ((PDT))
Hi Dan and others

The reflector I ordered is 24 inch aluminum, but only .04
inch thick.  It is advertised (Scientificsdirect on eBay,
$84.95) for audio use.  I would be much happier if it was
.0625, but it is returnable. It has a 1-1/2 inch hole, which
I have been tinkering with how to fill -  or not fill,
realizing I have to allow for drainage.  I have found a
piece of 1-1/4 inch PVC threaded cap which from the outside
of the threads is just larger than 1-1/2 inches on a
micrometer. That may work and provide the support both for
the dish on the outside, and built up to the six inch focal
point on the inside to attach the mic in a lapel clip. If
all that works, then weatherproofing the mic will be the
next challenge, and I am grateful for the suggestions I have