water resistant, acoustically transparent fabric

Subject: water resistant, acoustically transparent fabric
From: "Russ Wigh"
Date: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:00 pm ((PDT))
Does any know of a light-weight, water resistant,
acoustically  transparent fabric which could be fashioned
into a windscreen for a parabola. During these idle early
summer days I am concocting a plan for a 24 inch reflector
to house a very small lapel microphone which - at this point
- would be otherwise exposed.  Much to the consternation of
my wife, my neighbors, and the community by-laws, I plan to
mount this on a frame to fit over the  peak of a dormer roof
of my house to pick up night migrants. At the moment I am
leaning toward rip-stop nylon.  Other than the mic, which I
have had for a couple of years, I have about $10.00 invested
in the project.  The parabola will cost me $85, and a 48V
connector to power the mic, another $50.  All pretty
reasonable, but I don't want to go there unless I can pull
the whole thing together in theory anyway.

Thank you in advance,

Russ Wigh

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional