Re: Stereo Mic Setups

Subject: Re: Stereo Mic Setups
From: inetd_conf
Date: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:15 am ((PST))
That's a beautiful build on your SASS. It would certainly be more robust th=
an the one I built. I like mine, but it's made of relatively thin wood so i=
t's fragile. Building it out of foam would make me a lot less nervous about=
 shoving it in a bag.

 You put your finger on one of the reasons I've been doing all this testing=
. I'm not willing to compromise on the quality of the sound I'm recording, =
but if there's another way to do it that would produce as good as or better=
 sound than the SASS, I'd like to know. So far all my testing has taken me =
back to the SASS. I've still got a couple of things I'd like to try, but yo=
u convinced me to pick up some yoga blocks and to start planning a new SASS=
 build.

 I'm curious about your double-MS setup. I just started playing with MS rec=
ently, so I'm still trying to feel my way around things. When do you tend t=
o pull out your SASS, and when do you reach for your double-MS? I know they=
're different beasts, but I'd like to hear your thoughts.

 Thanks,

 Tom