Alice Microphone for Field Recording?

Subject: Alice Microphone for Field Recording?
From: inetd_conf
Date: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:08 pm ((PDT))
I tried doing some searches, but I haven't found anything really conclusive=
 to answer this question: Has anyone tried using an Alice microphone for fi=
eld recording?=0D
 =0D
=0D
 The reason I'm asking is that Jules Ryckebusch posted a link to an Instruc=
tables he wrote that details his build of an Alice-based MS microphone:=0D
 =0D
=0D
 Build the MS Alice Stereo Microphone http://www.instructables.com/id/Build=
-the-MS-Alice-Stereo-Microphone/=0D
=0D
 =0D
 =0D
 http://www.instructables.com/id/Build-the-MS-Alice-Stereo-Microphone/ =0D
 =0D
 Build the MS Alice Stereo Microphone http://www.instructables.com/id/Build=
-the-MS-Alice-Stereo-Microphone/ This instructable will show you how to bui=
ld and use an MS microphone. One of the classic stereo microphone recording=
 methods is the MS or Mid-Side microp...=0D
 =0D
 =0D
 =0D
 View on www.instructables.com http://www.instructables.com/id/Build-the-MS=
-Alice-Stereo-Microphone/ =0D
 Preview by Yahoo =0D
 =0D
 =0D
 =0D
=0D
 Jules stuck three TSB-165 capsules in the mic body. One faces forward (pro=
viding mid), and the other two facing sideways and wired in series to creat=
e a figure-eight mic (providing side). Each mic has its own Alice board, al=
so installed in the mic body. The signals are fed out through a 5-pin XLR.=
=0D
 =0D
=0D
 This would make for a very compact, very light MS setup for field recordin=
g. For travel or for locations that require long hikes to reach, there's a =
lot of appeal here.=0D
 =0D
=0D
 But it would help to know if anyone else had tried using an Alice micropho=
ne for field recording, and what the potential pitfalls are.=0D
 =0D
=0D
 Thanks,=0D
 =0D