Re: powering lavalier mics

Subject: Re: powering lavalier mics
From: "Kevin Lucas" kslbirder
Date: Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:20 pm ((PDT))
Russ,
Out of curiosity, I'd contacted Senal directly, and they replied quickly
that their CL6 lav will not work with Plug-in-Power (PIP). That wasn't
clear to me from the specifications, though it seemed the case based on
your post. Seeing your follow-up post, maybe the CL6 does indeed work with
PIP?
I'm curious about what you come up with for recording the owls -- mostly
how you waterproof your gear and how you situate it near and in the nest
boxes. I'm doing volunteer work with White-headed Woodpeckers and just
built a mic for a biologist friend for recording ambient sounds at
woodpecker nests. It uses a Primo em-172 capsule (that uses PIP). My cost
for the em-172 is about $12 plus $7.50 for shipping. It was simple to wire,
though I made a holder and cage and dead cat windscreen so it took a few
hours of cobbling together.
Anyway, I'd sure like any photos and description of what you come up with,
and any leads on similar setups you can provide. I have 2 Olympus
recorders, an LS-11 and an LS-100, that can both provide PIP, while the
latter can provide Phantom Power. My budget is non-existant, but I can put
together stuff.
Thanks,
Kevin

On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 4:25 AM,  [naturerecordists] <